My (glo) zebra danios
- I have a school of about 8 glofish/ glo zebras. I find them to grow larger but, harder to breed (which I'm trying to do) but it's nice to see the different color eggs which are the same color as their parents (red, yellow, or green). Overall it worth the extra 4 bucks!
- —Guest Murg
Just got our first Danios
- Just got our first Danio's this past weekend, after the tank had cycled. Got six of them, two have which have now (three days later) died. However, the others seem to be healthy. Two swim happily at the front of the tank, while the others are more reserved at the back. We seem to have been sold a mixture of classic Zebra Danios and Long Finned, but they're fine together. They dwell completely on the surface, never going down more than a few inches into the depths of the tank, which, for now, they have to themselves.
- —Guest Samantha
Just got my first zebras(6)
- I just got my first mini school of zebra's, and added them to my 60 gal tank, which already houses 3 little goldfish, 1 plako, 1 pot-bellied calico, 1 'brain on top of his head' fish and 2 feeder fish, which have become giants. The zebras could easily fit into the 'giants' mouths, but they haven't bothered with them as of now. Hopefully they will live a long and happy life in their new community. What are the chances of them breeding?
- —Guest Nicole
Maranda and Eminem
- I have 2 glofish. The pink girl named Maranda and the green boy named Eminem. Well, Maranda is practically head over fin for Eminem! So what she enjoys doing is scaring Eminem out of his glo! She chases him around all day long! She always trys to get next to him and enjoys hiding with him in the same green plant. They are going to love fish for ever! :)
- —Guest Samantha
- We carefully cleaned our tank, stabilized the water for 4 days and stabilized the temperature at 72 degrees. Two days after we introduced our fish to the tank, they both died. Any ideas?
- I finally got my Tomato a buddy today. Her buddy is Parker, just a hint... buy them in at least twos.
- I have a danio named tomato... oops, i found out he was a she! But I am keeping her as tomato. But also she is the only danio in my tank and its so sad coz it looks like shes looking for a buddy... because the sides of my tank reflect they can see themselves and she is always around the sides or near my Betta... they're only $3 in Australia but I cant get three bucks at the moment... but she will get a buddy for sure!
- —Guest HappeFishee
- My tank has pretty much cycled now. I started with three Mollies. Then got 3 Danios, 3 Platies, and a week later 3 Angels. My larger Danio began bulling the Mollies and Platies. I took him back to the pet store and switched him. Hope they don't bully too much.
- —Guest Scarlet
Something is swiming in my tank!?!
- I have 5 Danios in a 10 gallon tank. Today I saw a little thing swim in some rocks. They where 1 mm maybe smaller. I have no idea what it is. Is it a baby?
- —Guest danio lover
Like to nip fins
- My school of 6 Zebra Danios killed my favorite Guppy. I will never buy them again!
- —Guest bobby
Black on white
- One summer I pulled the plugs on my fish tank with several zebras abandoned. The algae that formed provided food and oxygen for them. After a month I looked in and saw babies living with the parents. Because it was the summer up in the top floor temperature wasn't a problem. It was astonishing to experience life when I left them.
- —Guest Dr. Dan
- I have 6 danios which died 6 years after I got them. If you want to catch them, I think the best way is to corner them and catch them. I suggest you get a regular Zebra Danio because the others have greater responsibillities. Also, they cost more and I just feed them lettuce, cucumber, zuccini and other kind of fish.
- —Guest Albert
- In early June of this year I put 10 zebras into a large pot I had set-up with water lilies and water hyacinths (about 15 gals). The fish have bred at least twice as I have two different sizes of smaller babies growing in the pot. It is now mid Sept and water temps are still 68 degrees. Will have to bring them in soon as I live in Alex. VA.
- So I've had 4 Zebra Danios for longer then 5 months. I noticed just recently that one has a swollen stomach and it is affecting its swimming. I have them with 3 Angelfish, 4 Platys, and 1 Gourami. This is the only problem since I lost one of the Platys a couple weeks ago. I've read that it might be pregnant or that it has a parasite. Please help!
- —Guest Katie
- I just brought home 3 Zebra Danios a couple days ago (first fish in tank). I can't take my eyes off them. They are in a new home so I am trying not to worry too much about their behavior. What I noticed so far is that they use my petrified wood, shaped like a hand sliding on a bracelet, as a water slide because I have it under my pumps current from above. I saw one swim up the flow this formation creates. I will say I am keeping watch on the smaller of the 3 because of pacing. His big brothers will come in and circle until they chase each other. It seems the little one can't keep up with the other 2 when they make hard turns and also gets distracted by his reflection. Until the others show up again. I've noticed the small one will take short cuts through tunnels my decor makes and even lie and wait to ambushed his big brothers sometimes. So in all I am not that stressed about them in their new home.
- —Guest Meat Paddy