- i have never had a zebra danio but it just seems so cool. should i get one?
- —Guest Alexis
- We just bought 2 zebra danios, well 2 days ago and they seem to be doing well. Just wanted some advice on how often to feed them. These ones are in a cold water 30ltr tank along with a goldfish. We gave them goldfish flakes today but have noticed that one looks a little bloated. Is this normal and what would be best to feed them?
- —Guest Vikki
- My Danios are little troopers they can go up to a week without being fed. I only know this cause I'm a kid and I forget everything.
- —Guest lilly
Behaviour of Zebra Danios
- I had 6 red Zebra Danios, 8 Celestial Pearl Danios, 6 Gold Zebra Danios, and a 1 inch baby Red Tail Shark in my 75 gallon tank. I observed the Celestial Pearl Danios were chasing my other Glofish, then I understood the reason - they were 8 in the group and other were just 6 in the group. So I just added 2 more red Glo fish and 2 more gold Glo fish and the problem was solved. I think it was a rare event!!!!
- —Guest omkar
Baby from nowhere
- We bought 7 danios for a small tank for my daughter for xmas, one of which was very small. Now we have 8 as another small one has just appeared? We didn't notice any eggs? Any ideas anyone?
- —Guest Chris
Danios and Shark
- I recently purchased a 55gallon fish tank. With it came 3 Danios and a Red-finned Black Shark. And L also added a Molly to the tank. I am not sure how well they all will live together. I was just wondering how to get the Danios to reproduce?
- —Guest tabby
- It was a Baby Biorb aquarium (not baby booth) that we have the danios in.
- —Guest Fliss
Danio changing colour
- We bought 4 danios and they have survived for two weeks in a baby booth aquarium. We even did a 90% water change and they have been fine. We have one male who is gold and has faint stripes, and he has changed colour tonight! His stripes now look like black dots along his body and his fins have also developed black markings. Could this be due to competition over a female? We have a gold female and two male zebra danios.
- —Guest Fliss
Zebra Danio-my first fish
- I bought 5 today along with 5 neon tetras. They are so cute & the zebras nibble my fingers earlier when I went to rescue the thermometer when it floated to the surface lol
- —Guest lushprincess71
- My zebra ate my Neon Tetra and the same Zebra kept on nibling at my other Neon Tetra............
- —Guest sean
My 8 Danios
- 8 Danios were doing okay until everyone started nipping each others fins. I went out and bought a new tank so I have 2 ten gallons with 4 Danios in each and the fin nipping stopped. I now have all 8 in a 29 gallon with Serpae Tetras, Cory Cats, Platys and Ghost Shrimp, and the tank is going wonderfully. They can be a bit nippy though to each other and if you transfer to a new tank they will jump out of the bowl. As they know you, mine all come to the front as soon as I enter the room. I don't even need to be by the tank and they swim to the top as if expecting to be fed. I find mine mostly swim at the top or along the bottom, but rarely in the middle once they have calmed down. As for other fish to go with, do not put with neon tetras because my Danios chased my Neons and I've heard stories of Danios eating Neons. Not advised by me. I tried placing a Betta in the tank and only the Platys upset my Betta, so I believe Bettas will do fine with Danios and Serpae Tetras.
- —Guest nell94
New Zebra Danios at a Newbie!
- I have a ten gal and I just got three Zebra Danios yesterday, I plan to eventually have eight. My filter was meant for a 20 gal and it has a waterfall feature,which makes a little current they love to play in. But...the smallest tiniest male spends so much of his time under/around the filter,either in the current (for some reason he prefers to just swim around and get buffeted by the current) or under the filter,as I said before. He goes to other parts of the aquarium sometimes but most of his time is just around the filter .Oh he also likes to swim to the surface next to the filter .Is this normal?
- —Guest berserkangel
- I bought 5 Danios for a school, after 5 days I only see 3 of them. Could 2 of them have died or eaten by other fish? I have Mollies and Platys there, too. Thanks for any response.
- —Guest zebra danio
- I have 6 Zebra Danios and they all stick close together except 1 that has taken over the left side of the tank and attacks any that try to swim on that side. Should I trade him for another?
- —Guest taste for flesh
Problem with zebra danio
- Oldest zebra danio in the tank has problem that his tail end is being dragged up to the top of the water, so that he forced to resist it by swimming with his head is at right angles to the stones. What could I do to help him?
- —Guest linda