Gotta luv 'em!
- I've had bettas before and decided my bedroom needed them again, love to watch them when I'm relaxing, Frederick has already bubbled a nest for Freda, so here's hoping for success. I can't wait to see the fry!
never give up hope
- My wife and I bought two male betta. One red (Finnagin) and one Blue (Frankie) frankie dances when you walk up to his tank. Incredible disposition. As a new owner I fed Finn too much and he started to act strangely. Bottom dweller, no swimming and No Eating....for 2&1/2 months!! He was constipated I believe as one during his sickness I scared him cleaning his tank. As he swam.away alot of white goo was strewn about by him and gradually he is becoming back to the most beautiful fish ever. I learned my lesson the hard way about over feeding. Oh...try feeding tiny chunks of chicken breast to them. They love it. But they despise Brine shrimp. Regularly fed with pellets (3-6 twice daily)
- —Guest Randy
Can two bettas be togeather
- I have a betta and his name is Napoleon the great. He has a lot of personality but a little aggressive so I had to take him out of a ten gallon filter tank and put him in a two gallon bowl. I also have a small girl vail betta in a ten gallon tank at my dads and she is quite feisty. I want to know can they be put in a ten gallon tank together. Any help will be nice.
- —Guest young betta lover
- My friend's betta died during a water change so, I was very nervous when I changed my betta's water for the first time. We both lived through it though. I first placed some of the old water from the tank in the container he came in and placed him in that. I cleaned the tank with clear water. Then placed the items back in and filled with spring water. I let it sit until it got to the temperature (65-68 degrees) that he was accustomed to. Yeh, he survived. In between cleaning the tank (about every 90 days), I remove about 2/3 of the water and replace it about every other week. I do have a filter and moss ball in the tank I change the filter regularly (about once ever 2-3wks). Going through more filters with the moss ball in there. My crown tail betta is flourishing and blowing nest bubbles.
- —Guest Renee1103
- I got a betta from my cousin Emily once. She named him gingy cause his scales were a vivid maroon. He was a quiet fish that kept to himself. He was a good fish and I'm thinking of getting a mate soon
- —Guest Butters
My new betta
- I boguht my betta yesterday(30-8-2012), i think its a male bcoz it has long fins.i want 2 know abt how 2 keep it alive for a miximum of 4 years
- —Guest Mohamed shehab shams
- Betta gender is generally relatively easy, however this article provides additional details about Betta gender: http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/betta1/ss/How-To-Determine-Betta-Gender.htm
- I have had my veiltail betta for almost a year. It it very happy but I can't figure out what the gender is. I have looked at tons of websites and it shows male and female characteristics... Help?!?
- —Guest Cailah
- Have a red male for about a year but it changed color to a light yellow . would like to know why. is there something that i am doing wrong.
- —Guest Eric
Betta fish aquirum set up
- I have a blue male Betta , I have a 1 gallon bowl, I decorated it in a way that is healthy and safe for a Betta fish to live in and swim around. Please while decorating your Betta bowl don't forget to: 1. leave enough space for him to swim . 2. DO NOT put sharp objects that you know will hurt the Betta, try soft things or normal at least. 3. Bettas like to have 2 or 3 places to rest at , away from eyes (you still see him but he thinks not ) 4. At night don't put light on him, just some light source away from the bowl, he should distinguish between day and night. 5. change water every 3 - 5 days. My Betta is happy now and I play with him every day , he knows me and I made him feel safe and happy.
- —Guest dana
- i have kept betta's for years. i am still learning though. they are the prettiest fish i have kept. my pet betta hong kong phooey just died this a.m. i had him for 2 years. miss him already.
- —Guest debbie
- I have this crowntail betta fish that I just adore named kaida. I would always play with him and feed him regularly. But after a few days he just suddenly started feeling depressed and always sleeping at the bottom and barely eating. I tried everything from feeding him bloodworms to cleaning his tank and I even said good morning to him but all he does is give me the tail or doesnt seem interested can somebody help?? And can male betta fish go depressed if their bubble nest?if so can you please tell me how to fix this situation :(
- —Guest 123456789
My beta Steve
- Hi guys my fish's name is Steve & he is red and blue & has a 5.5 litre tank (just under 1 gallon u.s.). He has a heater but it only raises the temperature by 2 degrees Celsius.please help. I am an amatur and have only had him for about 6 months.
- —Guest Zee zee
- I just got a male purple and blue Jetta fish with red on its tail. His name is honey badger. I put a little Lsu helmet in his bowl. He loves it! He swims around his bowl all the time. I herd if you put a mirror in front of him , he will think in is another Betta fish. I tried it. The first time his fins flared and he swam away. The 2nd time he just freezes. Is this normal? Or does he need more time to get used to his new living place.
- —Guest honey badger
Rocky Didn't Last Long
- I bought a beta for my son 4 months ago. I had him in a medium size fish bowl and he would just lay around on the plant I put in there. I upgraded him into a 3 gallon tank with lots of color, a filtration system and a light. He seemed to love it and swam around all the time. Every time I walked by, he would swim to the top and wait to be fed. I was told to feed him 4 pellets every day, but when I switched tanks, his appetite increased. When I woke up this morning and went to feed Rocky, and he was face down in the rocks at the bottom of his tank. Poor guy, I hope I didn't over-feed and kill him. I actually teared up for Rocky.