From the article: Lifespans of Aquarium Fish
Fish have vastly different lifespans. Bettas live little more than a couple of years, while Goldfish live for decades. How old is your oldest aquarium fish? How Old Are Your Fish?
- Ive had a black tetra thats been alive for about 7 years. ..hes gone from a fishbowl to a 5 gallon tank to a 30 gallon tank and is still goin strong ...
- —Guest jenn
How old are your fish
- I have a comet goldfish named opie that us 18 years old. He started in a 2gal gold fish bowl and is now in a 150 gal. He's 17" and about 5lbs. Other than having a cataract on one eye he's going strong! He loves to be petted and have his belly rubbed!
- —Guest Joe Z
How old are your fish?
- Bentley is a 20" Black Shark that I have had for 33 years now.
- —Guest Guest GK
6 years old
- We have 2 black line rasboras that are the originals from a school of 7. These 2 are now 6 years old.
- —Guest goodangels
Angelfish and peppered Cory's - 10 years
- Have 3 angelfish and a female Cory that are 10 yrs. one of the angelfish is blind. I say about 90 %. He swims slowly and feels his way along...and seems to rely heavily on his female mate who seems to look after him ( silly...maybe). He comes to the surface and sucks for food and I drop it right in his mouth.. And my Old Cory... We call her grandma.. Just laid eggs again the other day.. First time in 2 years.
- —Guest Bonnie
- My catfish is 39 years old but now he is unfortunately sick and he will probably die very soon.
- —Guest viking
Low density = long life
- My golden wonder killifish is going into his fourth year sharing a 30 gallon tank with a 3 spot gourami. The gourami was given to me as an adult and is at least 5 now. They share the tank with 3 cory catfish and act like an old married couple. Occasional bickering but never far from each other. My betta is in his own 10 gallon tank. He is 3 but definitely slowing down. He mostly rests near the surface supported by an artificial grass but swims around at chow time. I'm going to miss him the most when he goes.
- —Guest Fishlover
- Hi. Bronze ghostie 16-18 y Isreali ghostie 4-5 y Orange ghostie wild caught- had him since 2008. No idea how old though. Silver doistsu and orange doistsu 9-11 y Mongrel koi- the oldest fish ever in the family! About my age- 23 yeard old! Had him since 2006 and still going strong! My goldfish vareities range from 4 to 16 years. Well, at least not all off them are old!!!! All my tropicals are still young as i have only had them a few weeks but i have got: 2 bronze cory ( one is albino) 2 bandit cory 2 peppered cory 8-9 guppies 4 mollies 3 swordtails 3 platies 4 neon 2 xray tetra 1 siam 20 white clouds 4 glass shrimps. How long will they live?
- —Guest Jarfon
15 year old minnow
- I have a Red-tailed Rasbora (An Asian minnow) I bought him in 1998 as part of a small school. He stopped growing years ago, he's about two inches long. He looks old; hunched back, faded color, but he still eats and competes with the other inmates of the tank.
- —Guest Keltation
- I bought an upside down catfish back in the spring of 2003. It lived in a 55 gallon tank for 8 years and spent the last 2 years in a 180 gallon tank. Since moving to the larger tank it's become much more active and is showing no signs of slowing down.
- —Guest Semius
- I have two three year old bettas!! Also a 1 year old betta a 1.5 year old betta and a 2 year old goldfish an a one year old goldfish
- —Guest Bettan
My oldest fish
- I had an Upside down catfish live for about 6yrs! He outlived all my other fish. Also had a feeder goldfish live for 8yrs!
- —Guest Pidge
- My convict fish is 10 years old and still acts young. Awesome fish:) she was transported a lot went to many different tanks. Great fish:)
- —Guest Someone
- I have 2 ghost koi that started life in my tropical tank indoors until they got too big. They then went out to the pond and are now 21 and 22yrs old. They have also moved house/pond with me 5 times and still going strong.
- —Guest Anne
how long do fish live
- i have 3 upside down castfish which i purchased in 1985 and they are still going strong
- —Guest a p tate
1-15 of 19Next