Fish have vastly different lifespans. Bettas live little more than a couple of years, while Goldfish live for decades. How old is your oldest aquarium fish? How Old Are Your Fish?
- I have an Albino Tiger Oscar (a "golden Oscar" sounds better for me) that is now 7 years old and 35 cm long. It's my oldest, dear fish.
Lifespan of fish
- I've had most of my tetras and Zebra Danios for over 10 years. Was worried when I started to lose them until I realised their ages
- —Guest Rosie Posie
- I have 5 Clown Loaches between 6 and 9 inches. They are 21-24 years old.I bought the last one in 1992.
- —Guest Dave Hornick
- I have 2 Silver Dollars that are going on 17 years old this year...
- —Guest Amy
7" Upside down cat
- I have had my cat for eight years now, also a iridescent shark shark for 7 years.
- —Guest Jeffdelong
- I had a zebra danio live well past 12yrs old. She has super long fancy fins and was super hunch back and almost deformed looking by the time she passed. Her tank mate, an algae eater , lived 10yrs. And I had a beta live for 13yrs. Right now I have a 3yr old spotted green puffer. And he's in with a 3 or 4 yr old gourami, and a 8inch pleco, a 6inch pleco and a 3 inch pleco ( I'm trying to find the bigger ones homes, they were rescued from being tossed in the trash) and a school of red tetras and white clouds. They are all super happy too. Friendly fishies :)
- —Guest Mary's daughter
- Ive had a black tetra thats been alive for about 7 years. ..hes gone from a fishbowl to a 5 gallon tank to a 30 gallon tank and is still goin strong ...
- —Guest jenn
How old are your fish
- I have a comet goldfish named opie that us 18 years old. He started in a 2gal gold fish bowl and is now in a 150 gal. He's 17" and about 5lbs. Other than having a cataract on one eye he's going strong! He loves to be petted and have his belly rubbed!
- —Guest Joe Z
How old are your fish?
- Bentley is a 20" Black Shark that I have had for 33 years now.
- —Guest Guest GK
6 years old
- We have 2 black line rasboras that are the originals from a school of 7. These 2 are now 6 years old.
- —Guest goodangels
Angelfish and peppered Cory's - 10 years
- Have 3 angelfish and a female Cory that are 10 yrs. one of the angelfish is blind. I say about 90 %. He swims slowly and feels his way along...and seems to rely heavily on his female mate who seems to look after him ( silly...maybe). He comes to the surface and sucks for food and I drop it right in his mouth.. And my Old Cory... We call her grandma.. Just laid eggs again the other day.. First time in 2 years.
- —Guest Bonnie
- My catfish is 39 years old but now he is unfortunately sick and he will probably die very soon.
- —Guest viking
Low density = long life
- My golden wonder killifish is going into his fourth year sharing a 30 gallon tank with a 3 spot gourami. The gourami was given to me as an adult and is at least 5 now. They share the tank with 3 cory catfish and act like an old married couple. Occasional bickering but never far from each other. My betta is in his own 10 gallon tank. He is 3 but definitely slowing down. He mostly rests near the surface supported by an artificial grass but swims around at chow time. I'm going to miss him the most when he goes.
- —Guest Fishlover
Bronze ghostie 16-18 y
Isreali ghostie 4-5 y
Orange ghostie wild caught- had him since 2008. No idea how old though.
Silver doistsu and orange doistsu 9-11 y
Mongrel koi- the oldest fish ever in the family! About my age- 23 yeard old! Had him since 2006 and still going strong!
My goldfish vareities range from 4 to 16 years.
Well, at least not all off them are old!!!!
All my tropicals are still young as i have only had them a few weeks but i have got:
2 bronze cory ( one is albino)
2 bandit cory
2 peppered cory
2 xray tetra
20 white clouds
4 glass shrimps.
How long will they live?
- —Guest Jarfon
15 year old minnow
- I have a Red-tailed Rasbora (An Asian minnow) I bought him in 1998 as part of a small school. He stopped growing years ago, he's about two inches long. He looks old; hunched back, faded color, but he still eats and competes with the other inmates of the tank.
- —Guest Keltation