1. Home

He may not be the most beautiful of fish, but the lowly weather loach makes up for it with personality. Active and interesting to watch, the weather loach senses changes in barometric pressure, which sometimes makes it a better weather predictor than your local weather reporter.

Comments

June 4, 2006 at 8:58 pm
(1) nick says:

i like the weather loach more than star wars

August 8, 2006 at 6:29 pm
(2) Fredie B says:

I had a weather loach called Slim he was my first fish i thought he was brill,
But he jumped out of my fish tank one day but thankfully he pulled though but he could do that trick a second time,
he did it once again and still live just to die slowly in my tank and now it just doesn’t seem the same,
So a word of warning cover up the holes at the back of your tanks cause i’d hate it to happen to someone else.

April 12, 2007 at 6:40 am
(3) ema says:

Iv got a Weather Loach and hes ace. iv had him bout 7 years now. He jumped out of the tank about 3 years ago and ever since then hes eaten everything i put in there and he gets really lively in the day and not in the eavining or at night.

April 30, 2007 at 9:04 am
(4) nat says:

i have a mate that has a weather loach! its amazing and i want to have its babies! lol does anyone kno how to breed them??? if you do please write back!! loaches rule!!!!

May 2, 2007 at 2:16 pm
(5) nat millso says:

i have a loach and it was horrific, it wouldnt talk to me, the more i asked it questions it just swam around like it didn`t understand, how do you get them to talk?

May 3, 2007 at 4:36 am
(6) debbi says:

I once had a weather loach – but sadly i had to get rid of him becuase his temper got the better of him. he jumped out of the tank when i fed it and it went strieght at my neck. lucky escape!!!im never having one again they are vicous!

May 21, 2007 at 5:57 am
(7) Natalie M says:

Don’t be rude about weather loaches please!! They are very loveable creatures with hearts of gold. My loach called Gary sadly died a few weeks ago when I fed him the wrong fish pellets, and he would be spinning in his grave knowing that you think he is vicious or horrific! Power to the weather loach and I’ll hear no more bad words against them. Grrr.

May 21, 2007 at 6:15 am
(8) debbi says:

i dout that he will be spinning in his grave! its all a bit dramatic dont you think!!?
loaches are vicous and i cant believe that you are sticking up for born killers!

June 20, 2007 at 12:47 pm
(9) khalilah says:

in japan loaches are really cheap i guess and i bought 20 of them for 4 dollars. i didnt want so many but i guess my japanese is not that great. now they are all swarming around in this huge bucket and im going to get an aquarium soon. they are very socialable and when i scooped one up he just looked at my hand before swimming off. loaches rule! i think they are adorable!

April 24, 2008 at 10:11 am
(10) alison says:

rubbish ive kept weather loaches for 2 years now they live in my tank with several others including rhinogobius danios sucking loaches guppys and they never are aggresive they love to swim through my fingers when cleaning my tank where you say there aggresive is probably there keepers so dont be put of by peoples care they are the most peaceful fish you will come across and the best for entertainment when kept in suitable conditions so read up on there care and you wont have problems

July 19, 2008 at 10:11 pm
(11) Venus says:

Most interesting thing, my son found a fish in the gutter out front 2 days ago. It was puddle jumping and the closest thing I can come too is a weather loach!! I found a picture online that looks alot like it however it is solid gray on top and solid white on bottom. Any ideas what it was doing in a gutter in salt lake??

April 12, 2009 at 8:18 pm
(12) Louie says:

I recently bought myself a weather loach (Dojo) and all it does is hide all day and on occasions comes out at night. All i hear is how nice these fish are, and how their there so full of life, but not mine he’s actually kind of boring.

August 2, 2009 at 6:26 am
(13) Oli says:

I love these fish! I got one a few months back. He is so interseting! He swims around all day and night, but seems to get afraid when i feed the other fish :P does anyone know how to breed them?

April 21, 2010 at 2:46 pm
(14) dean says:

i have a loach but i cant find him,he was there this morning when i feed my fish but know he has dissapeared……. hes not on the floor or in the caves in my tank……………….do they burry themselves in gravel?

August 24, 2010 at 1:38 pm
(15) alice says:

i have a pink weather loach and hes the best part of my tank i think but dont tell the other fish xD after reading this im worried he’ll jump out of the tank and i was wndering if they like something to hide under like a piece of wood or something cos i dont want him to be scared or anything lol and btw i hardly think he jumped at your neck xD and you really should get anothere there the best xD

August 24, 2010 at 1:42 pm
(16) alice says:

i have a pink weather loach and its the best thing ive bought for that tank lol i was just wondering do they like something to hide under because he keeps squashing himself under my scooby doo mystery machine ornament lol and im worried he might jump out after all these stories ive heard lol

August 24, 2010 at 1:46 pm
(17) alice says:

sorry about posting 2 my ps3 messed up and didnt post the first one at first if u get me xD

September 19, 2010 at 8:26 pm
(18) CrowMeris says:

I have two weather loaches who have been living happily in a 30 gallon tank for about five years. They are excellent community fish, co-existing peacefully with six red-eye tetras, a single silver-tip tetra, and three half beaks.
I’ve seen them act defensively against Chinese algae eaters who are vicious horrors once they reach about three inches in length. Hence the reason I have only one silver-tip tetra.
My weather loaches are gentle, curious creatures. I recommend them very highly. Please consider buying at least two. They thrive on the company of their kind, lying next to each other, and playing slow games of “chase” around the tank.

October 21, 2012 at 9:09 pm
(19) Dave says:

My loach was very shy at first but now he’s really active all the time… How do you get the to eat from your hand